XVS 950A Reserve Mileage

AndyBuk
This post is 4403 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As the title suggests, does anyone know what the average mileage you can get once the fuel light comes on.

Coming to work today I hit 16 miles I think before I got to a petrol station. That was traveling on the motorway at around 60mph ish.

Was starting to panic as I don't usually do more than around 10 miles before I fill up. It would be good to know where the critical limit is before I might have to push lol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got 25 miles from the 1300 2 up @ about 50mph but also got 12 miles solo once (though I was going much faster) you should be alright for 20 miles, but it could be worth carrying extra fuel and finding out exactly how far you can go...?

Yeah, the carrying some spare and seeing where we get to is something I thought about before, however the concern was that would mean all the gunk in the tank getting sucked through so I have always held off on doing that. But for knowing how far is the point of no return, it might be worth it... just once lol.

I'm guessing there's not much gunk in ur tank, if it's like mine, there's a sub tank under your seat anyway so chances are you've emptied the top tank already... There's also a filter between the fuel pump & injectors

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online