1993 yamaha xj600 Clicking Problem

dkash
This post is 4479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there, my bike has a brand new battery, brand new solenoid, and a brand new starter. When I try to start it all I here is the solenoid clicking, I get no response from anything else. Anyone else have this problem or have an idea of how to fix it? I was thinking that maybe it was a starter relay or something, but I am not sure where they are. That was my only guess. Any help would be great, thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i sometimes get a similar problem on my xj.

sometimes does it - sometimes doesnt.

if it does, i usuall put it into second. give it a little push and let the cluth out, jsut enough for the engine to try and turn over - then when i pull the cluth in and and press the starter it works . . .strange

Hey there, my bike has a brand new battery, brand new solenoid, and a brand new starter. When I try to start it all I here is the solenoid clicking, I get no response from anything else. Anyone else have this problem or have an idea of how to fix it? I was thinking that maybe it was a starter relay or something, but I am not sure where they are. That was my only guess. Any help would be great, thanks!

Hi there, I might be able to help you, but I don't even know what your name is because you haven't even bothered to introduce yourself.

When you press the starter button in neutral does the oil warning light come on?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online