Postie bike kickstart wont move.

thebot123
This post is 4479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys my mate has a postie bike and it recently got stolen, to cut a long story short the cops found it and got it back from the people that took it but when it come back the ignition was buggered and the kickstart wont move, my mate cracked it as 2 weeks earlier he only just bought it and cost him $1350 (its an 07 model or 08)

my mate is being a ledgend and he said i can just take it as he just bought a yamaha WR450, im not to bad with working on cars i carry out alot of my own work incl a bit of electrical work like soldering and wiring up etc.so hopefully i can fix it and get my bike L's and get riding! but i would like anyones opinion to guide me on fixing this stiff kickstart, it rolls in neutral still but im pretty sure the green neutral light doesnt come on but it wont kick over the poor thing as for the ignition im guessing itd just be a direct replacement? im unsure of the damage to the ignition but will find out. ill update this post soon

im picking it up very soon, any tips on what to do? ledgends!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tip #1 from me is to introduce yourself in the new member section to let the folks here know who you are. I take it the kickstart is totally seized. Could be that the kickstart gears are seized or the engine itself is (I think).

looks like it might be an australian thing? Hondas though... ???

Way to go, y'all scared him off!

:eek2:

Ah... guess I just have that effect on people. :(

Oh Shush Sacha, you are a respectable person if ever there was one.

right, now... what was i saying?, The girl with the dragon tattoo is on TV and i got distracted... yeah, bike may be seized, see if it will roll when in gear and then try and get it bump started

Oh Shush Sacha, you are a respectable person if ever there was one.

LOL! Thanks Steve, but it depends on who you ask. :eusa_whistle:

Funny thing though... one of my nicknames is Shush(a) because the nieces and nephews couldn't say my name well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online