Yamaha DT125R Caliper Rebuilding/Seals

AndyDtr08
This post is 4208 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I'm re building the calipers on my DTR project. They were in a bit of a state. I'm a tad confused about which seal kits to get.

The front had a piston seal and a dust seal which was held in place by a circlip. The rear caliperhad a piston seal but the dust seal appeared to have no circlip and was damaged badly.

According to a Yamaha Parts diagram, neither have a circlip holding in the dust seal an just have 2 similar looking seals. Ebay says otherwise with kits being sold for both which have an piston seal, dust seal and circlip. Anyone got any advice on what to go for?

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Incase anyone looks up this thread and needs help, I've answered my own question. The front appears to have an oil seal and a dust seal. The dust seal is held in place by a circlip. The rear doesnt have a circlip but has an oil and dust seal. Rear piston is 30mm and front is 35mm. Be careful, all of them on ebay are 35 and wont fit the rear caliper. Only place I've found other than Yamaha for rear is Wemoto.

New 30mm piston and seals is 30.44, from yamaha its about 50 i think. Just the seals are 30 from yamaha.

Their front set with piston and seals is about 26 quid. I'm waiting for it to come into stock.

• 9 months later...

Incase anyone looks up this thread and needs help, I've answered my own question. The front appears to have an oil seal and a dust seal. The dust seal is held in place by a circlip. The rear doesnt have a circlip but has an oil and dust seal. Rear piston is 30mm and front is 35mm. Be careful, all of them on ebay are 35 and wont fit the rear caliper. Only place I've found other than Yamaha for rear is Wemoto.

New 30mm piston and seals is 30.44, from yamaha its about 50 i think. Just the seals are 30 from yamaha.

Their front set with piston and seals is about 26 quid. I'm waiting for it to come into stock.

Andy, is this information for your 1998 DT125R ???

Pat

This information is correct for the DTR up to the year 03. After that they may of changed but i dout it.

To buy origional Yamaha Rear caliper seal's only------ here is the part number 4ML-W0047-00 There is an inner and an outer seal.

The origional rear piston is a really hard plastic. Good idea as it doesnt get pitted, scraped or damaged. Its better to keep this piston rather than buy a stainless steel Heavy aftermarket part.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online