rxs100 cutting out - with video

jamierxs100
This post is 4333 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

All has been well for the past few weeks, and I was thinking last night it was time to sell the car. This morning it started first kick, but lost power after a few minutes, then I couldn't start it.

I just went out and started it, (on film) and it cut out in neutral. - see link

Not sure what to think, it wasn't sounding that great in idle either. Any help is very welcome.

http://www.flickr.co...t84/7163501369/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well then

you will find that your carb is over filling check the float height setting

check the float needle is free to move

maybe before any of this, give the carb a tap with something like the wooden stock of a hammer just in case it jolts something free

Thanks, will look at the carb when the rain stops. It ticks over quite well in idle but every now and again the drops a big chunk of revs, then picks back up, but doesn't seem to have the same sound as usual, bit more spluttery. when I rev its not really getting the power, then sputters a bit more and loses it all together. want to use the word 'misfiring' but I know thats a technical term, but thats how it feels, like its misfiring. Cleaned and checked the carb a few weeks ago and its been super fine since then.

fit another and start the bike, switch the fuel off and rev the engine freely to clear the flooded crankcases...when it dies switch on the fuel, then off again and re-start the engine and repeat another couple of times

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online