TT history

drewpy
This post is 4488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just been to my friends house and he was giving me a load of bike mags.

Luckily (or unluckily for me)he found a load of old TT stuff from 1957 to 1960 in the pile.

He's got a load of timekeeping information from a guy called Davis who passed away some time ago and he was the timekeeper for the BBC.

Amazing stuff, all hand calculations with famous names like Surtees, Redman, Hailwood etc.

It looks like he got involved in 57 with him being chief timekeeper in 1960.

whats more the chap got invited to the Metropole Hotel for the TT soirees and another soiree for past TT winners.

To top it all off on the back of the Metropole invite are a few signatures;

Rem Fowler - 1907 TT winner

Hailwood, Surtees, duke, Williams (snr I think) and Minter.

If your into cars he got the autograph of E.R.A motor racing, Leslie Johnson the then owner and racing car driver.

Loads of old programs as well as the time keeping info (top ave speed calcs set at 102 mph)and some steam packet letters and hire of Austin for £6 1S 0D for the week.

amazing to read and had to share with you peeps, coz I had hairs standing on the back of my arm at the time.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's cool on a few levels, cool that friend gave you them and cool that it's a great discovery.

didn't get them, he snaggled the before. but got to read the papers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online