Starting Problem

Andrew43
This post is 4483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my boy has a YQ50 Aerox and had to have it brought back home on saturday on the back of the lorry.

It was running fine, it has got a 70cc mollossi kit on it and all the rest of the things to make it go fast but i can not get it to start.

I have a good spark, i have fuel getting to the carb, but the spark plug does not seem to get socked after kicking over!

With further investigation i took the air filter off and it feels to me that it is blowing instead of sucking which lead me to the reeds...1 side was not seating and i cannot get it to seat...is it possible the block has deformed? anyway found another block which looked fine but still cant get it to fire.....any idea's?

Thanks Andrew

PS the bike is a 2005 model with water cooling

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Andrew, first things first i must say that i'm not familiar with the scoot..,.but

is there plenty of fuel in the tank

i assume the fuel supply is vacuum operated?...if so check the vac line from the inlet manifold to the fuel supply tap, see it hasnt come adrift, split, kinked etc etc

Try the fuel directly into the cyclinder, it should start for a couple of seconds. At least you know the cylinder side of things is fine if it starts.

My sister has a Gilera Dna and had a similar problem to this. I ended up completely stripping it and it turned out the vaccum hose had slightly melted on the exhaust so the fuel wasnt being sucked through properly. The fuel line had fuel in it going to the carb but because there wasnt enough of a vaccum there wasnt enough being drawn through to run the bike.

Hi,

Had a new piston kit fitted it was the rings melted to the piston and lost compression.

Now done that and bike ticks over fine but when riding at 20mph+ it starts to hunt bad if u try to keep it to a constant speed. It will accelerate to good speed but continues to hunt.

Any idea's anyone?

Thanks

Andrew

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online