My Pride & Joy

Grouch
This post is 4484 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I really love the style of your bike. I don't think she looks bad at all. It's gotta be faster than mine. :D I find it nice to be able to ride the streets and transition to the dirt and gravel roads around here.

pride-n-joy.jpg

my pride and joy... hee, hee :biglaugha:

Looks really good dude :icon_smile:

Thanks guys, it's just got a few minor faults. Mostly cosmetic with rusty screws and other rusty parts. It has nothing major wrong. I love been able to just go off road as well lol. I'm always going through snickets and other off road tracks to avoid traffic etc. I went to the woods the other day which was good as well.

My husband usually knows his way around town (he's live here all his life), but he got us onto some dirt roads on one of our outings.. he kept saying, I'm sure this turns into a paved road. Had to turn back when we reached a pretty steep ditch with a creek running through it. LOL.

inkom.jpg

Me? I was in my element... loved every minute of it. He and his buddy not so much. Guess their street bikes weren't made for off-road joy rides, eh? Who would've thought? :biglaugha:

I live in a city but on the outskirts there are plenty of different woodlands and country tracks to be getting on with. I'm thinking of putting some new tyres on my bike which will be more suited to the woods etc.

Your pictures have gone?

Is a cool bike, i just wish they were 2 stroke.

When I first got her I was really disappointed how slow she was because in the past if had a few 2 stroke crossers, but I've got used to the 4 stroke now, it has definitely grown on me. I planned on getting an RS or equivelant but am having second thoughts now.

I wouldnt bother with a 2nd bike to be honest. You have one decent one there which does the job. :icon_wink:

At least you dont have to worry about 2t oil and it will just go on and on without any major problems.

I'm obsessed with them though. I'm getting a 125 2T but can't decide on what to get. Initially I wabted an RS or the equivilant but now I'm thinking a 2T supermoto. I'll get a nice one for £1500, I think I'll leave until just before or after xmas. I don't have any kids or anything so I can afford a second bike. I was thinking of getting my full licence but have decided to ride a 125 for a few years first to give me more experience and become a better rider.

If you want a decent 125 2 stroke supermoto, for me it would have to be the dtx or the aprilia sx. The Aprilia is a bit faster but will need more maintenance.

I was thinking a DTX. I am really happy with my Yammy. I originally set out to buy an RS but saw this at the last minute and changed my mind. I paid £1300 for her. Other ones of the same year were going for £1500+, I didn't even haggle him, he even delivered it for me about 30 miles away. My mate had an Aprilia RX 125 a few years ago, it was fast as fook. I can't find any though. In another ten years I'm going to have a collection of bikes. I'm going to need one big fuck off garage lol.

Nice steed jordan" whats the BHP, of the 4stroke 125, & whats the equvilent 2T, there was a guy on here CBD. his TDR125 bored out & ported was amazing ,, :spin2:

I'm not exactly sure but I know the engine is less powerful than the legal requirement. It is pretty slow but quick enough off the mark.

Nothing wrong with air cooled!