New member, new bike type

This post is 4390 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, retired building site manager [project manager now called]. Hobbies shooting, bikes and house restoration. Just bought my first cruiser, a 2002 250cc Dragstar, had most bike in my life sports, naked etc. But the years are catching up on me bikewise so I thought I would let my head rule this time. I don't know whether I will like this type of bike but will give it a go.

Just wondering if anyone has a owners/workshop manual for the bike that I can buy asap.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

I swear by a Haynes manual, I know a lot of members don't but the first thing I get when purchasing a vehicle is a Haynes manual. I've still got one for my first car, a Ford Mk 2 Cortina.

Did you hear about the building site labourer who went to the building site manager with a faulty wheelbarrow, when the manager asked what was wrong with it he said every time I push it, it goes eeeeeeee eeeeeeee eeeeeeee eeeeeeee.(squeeky wheel bearing)

"Your fired" said the manager.

"Why?" said the labourer

"Because, it should be going ee ee ee ee ee ee ee ee ee ee ee ee ee"

Hi Johnboy and Welcome to the YOC, Haynes can take a while to catch up with all the bike types out there try for a manual of a slightly different model if your desperate or even EBAY might have some thing that might tide you over, check with your local Yammie dealer to see if they can advise you about which manual might be your best bet, your engine is probably stock on another machine and your frame is probably used in another model so a combination of 2 might cover all the bases, a genuine YAMAHA manual is probably availabe some where but it will cost an arm and a leg, hope that helps a bit? :jossun: