XVS 125 Exhausts

Baggo
This post is 4420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Morning!

Just after a bit of advice. I'm looking at buying an xvs125 and, probably getting a little ahead of myself, was wondering what options there are when changing the exhaust. Are there any exhausts which could be fitted which make the bike sound beefier? Any recommendations?

Sorry if this sounds newb, but I am a newb so what can I say!?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Morning!

Just after a bit of advice. I'm looking at buying an xvs125 and, probably getting a little ahead of myself, was wondering what options there are when changing the exhaust. Are there any exhausts which could be fitted which make the bike sound beefier? Any recommendations?

Sorry if this sounds newb, but I am a newb so what can I say!?

Cheers

My advice?

Buy a good one that you can test ride or see ridden, preferably with less than 20k on the clock and with some service history. If its your first bike, take someone along with you with some experience.

If you remove the stock exhausts, you may have to start fiddling and faffing with the carburetor, to maintain the correct mixture of fuel and air. Hassle, and detracts from the enjoyment of riding your first bike

Personally, I thought that the stock pipes sounded superior to any aftermarket pipes that I heard, with that lovely "doof doof doof doof". The aftermarket pipes all sounded louder, but much more harsh, and still sounded like a 125.

Look after it, gain road experience on it, take your test, get something bigger, and pass the dragstar onto someone else to do the same.

If you look after it, without to many "mods", you'll likely to get your money back when you sell it on as good ones hold their value and they are sought after.

Good luck with your search

+1 on what neversaydie said. 125 draggies with aftermarket pipes just sound like obnoxiously loud mopeds. You need more displacement in your cylinders before you can get a decent sound.

Just enjoy riding your new bike around until you can get a bigger one.

Ah ok thanks. I'll wait then. It was more curiosity than anything. Trying to see if I could possibly make it sound more like a 650 than a 125.

On a side note, they're stunning looking bikes aren't they? I've been looking at other 125cc's and nothing comes close to this little gem.

they are a good looking bike and look bigger than they are :) but they will never sound anything like a 600 :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online