The EU Anti-Tampering Regulation

Nibblerv2
This post is 4419 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The EU are trying to pass a few new regulations onto motorbikes this will stop

1.All modifications to complete power train, from airbox to controlling the rear tyre profile

2. Compulsory ABS

3. Automatic headlights, just to pick at our riding habbits there

4. On Board Diagnostics so that roadside checks can be made of our emissions and constant readouts of our engine's performance can be obtained, this is similar to a tachograph on HGV's which means that they will know how we ride our bikes

5. Repair and Maintenance Information stored on the ECU rarther then the little service book

6. Any race parts fitted to a street going bike illigal

7. full day-glo clothing to be worn (can see this working with old school harley riders)

8. stepped bike licencing (already coming in jan or feb 2013, so L plates pass your test before then)

i think that this EU regulations are stupid there are a few good things to come of this but im sorry but the pro's do not outweigh the con's, yes bikes are more easily to tamper with then cars but the whole thing of riding the bike and being a biker is to unique and have your own interpretations of the bike and have that bike suit you and to give it more of a personality

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

might i also just say that sports exhausts, changing your rear sprocket to a larger one, stop pegs on fairing, shorter clutch and break leavers, even as petty as changing the foot pegs to lighter materials will be made illegal

We did all this last October with the MAG rides, I took part in the one on the A14 from Thrapston services, actually a real good turnout and a lot of fun.

Same here Campa! but its still an on going thing and i think MAG are planning more protests.

Nah, no need. People just won't bother being compliant.

ECU? Do I even have one on the Dragstar?

What about a 20-year-old bike or something? You gonna fit all that crap to it?

This just ain't gonna happen.

can you imagine all the bike clubs riding round with all that dayglo crap on, it aint gonna happen. oh and also everyone turning their bikes back to bog standard so they all look identicle in their categories, if it does happen like that it will boil down to, oh my bikes shinyer than your bike, there,ll be rows of pristine looking bikes trying look better than all the others, or it could go the other way and make them look like rat bikes but compliant with the regulations lol

ECU? Do I even have one on the Dragstar?

Well there is a little black box in where the battery is which could be a type of ECU? i "think" all these new EU laws that have been proposed is only effecting brand new bike as of when that EU law comes in (if it does) so think the bikes before that date are exempt. (again thats an "I THINK")

also i know that the gov are planning or have approved that all cars and bikes over 20 years old no longer need an MOT :D

Well there is a little black box in where the battery is which could be a type of ECU? i "think" all these new EU laws that have been proposed is only effecting brand new bike as of when that EU law comes in (if it does) so think the bikes before that date are exempt. (again thats an "I THINK")

also i know that the gov are planning or have approved that all cars and bikes over 20 years old no longer need an MOT :D

Woot you just made my afternoon, both of mine are over 20, hell the DT's over 30 :hyper:

Hmm, thats on about stuff over 50 years old..

all pre 1960 bikes soon don't need an MOT, but you can get one if you want ( good to prove its sound if your selling)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online