My DT125R Project/Restoration

AndyDtr08
This post is 4234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Il have a look at the tzr also, i always thought they went for silly money though?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They vary. I think now the yzf r-125 is around, that seems to be popular for prople after a 125 sports bike. My mate picked up a Belgarda for 300. Saw a project go for about 800. A good one seems to be about 1500. Nikisil plated though but so are the nsr125 and rs125 I think.

They vary. I think now the yzf r-125 is around, that seems to be popular for prople after a 125 sports bike. My mate picked up a Belgarda for 300. Saw a project go for about 800. A good one seems to be about 1500. Nikisil plated though but so are the nsr125 and rs125 I think.

the nikisil barrels give an extra 2-4 bhp because of the tighter clearances. people get put off them because of the expense of repairing the nikisil (£130+)

• 2 months later...

So it's been a while since I updated this. The last stages of the rebuild became very rushed as a friend and myself decided to ride lands end to john o groats and back on 125's. Had to get the DT mot'd and ready for the trip. Here is how it stands now. I'm trying to get the tank decals made up and am going to respray a tank a fit the stickers to the plastics. Also will need to re spray the exhaust back to black. May or may not fit the re sprayed engine casings.

48A25CDF-9AC6-4A20-9DB4-D3CA50305ACA-3891-000003E1304A4B3A.jpg

That looks great andy. Where did you get the spray paints for the frame and the engine casings? And what do you recommend using to strip rust and old paint off first? In the midst of restoring mine and I am completely new to it all!

HI consmos, I've just been readin your thread about your issues and seizures. Good luck with that, sounds like your making good progress.

The paint was Hycote aluminium cote and i used just a halford primer. I used hycote petrol resistant lacquer on top but havnt tested its protection yet.

I actually didnt do a great job at sstriping it back and just sanded it down with paper. It looks better in the photos than it does up close in real life. In future ill use some nitro moors or any paint stripper and then i'd use an acid etch primer. then try my best to flatten it back. It was a very poor and rushe job tbh.

Yeah the bike is almost there. Like i say I want to get the exhaust re sprayed and the tank finished. Then it will be up for sale. My bike funds balance has seen better days and i want to get my dt200wr done. Might be going to look at another DT today actually, i really need to stop buying bikes!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online