Derestricting Yamaha TDR 125 2000

TDRider
This post is 4351 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi!

I have TDR 125 2000 and I want to derestrict it.

I know for the exaust and inlet manifold restrictions but there is an one electric restriction which retarts revs when they reach 8k. I heard that there is one wire which needs to be grounded, but I can't find it.

Can anyone please help!

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just found a Yamaha Service Bulletin ref TDR125 Engine Power Modification which mentions about turning the powervalve anti-clockwise until the dot aligns with the lower edge of the allen bolts and also removing the Black/Blue open ended wire from main wiring harness and to fit a ring terminal to black/blue wire and earth to regulator/rectifier mounting bolt.

Hope this helps. Tony

I will try this thing with power valve tommorow.

Can I found that wire, without removing the fuel tank, because yesterday i filled it up to the end, so or I need to spend, all fule(which isn't big problem) or is there another way?

Thaks, a lot!

The picture in the bulletin looks like it is under the tank. It looks like the Black/Blue wire is in the wires from the CDI unit just behind the block connector on the wiring harness side.

Tony

Bump!

That in some form usually what follows badly de restricting a motorcycle.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online