My intro and a question too

This post is 4505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

I wrote a post a few days ago, but cannot find it now! Anyway I am new here and ride a 650 XVS Dragstar. I live in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Passed my test last November, but am still relatively inexperienced as I do not have with whom to ride! My husband is about as new to it as I am and rides a Triumph Tiger, but does not appear to want to go out riding much . . .

Next month I am doing the two day BikeSafe course as I think any help to make improvements is a good thing!

In my previous post I asked if anyone can advise about 'exhaust pipe heat shields' as I have scorched my leathers more than once and even hurt my leg thru them! I am getting better at avaoding this painful experience, but sometimes I forget. Anyway this only occurs when stationary. I did see some on the internet, but don't know how effective they are . . . . any advice please

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi blackstar" :welcome: i replied to your last post,,, must have been moved by moderators, [ w rong section,] ,, best pot questions in the Bar section, or the like,,,

Welcome BlackStar :welcome: Although I now live in Wiltshire I originated from Gloucestershire. You're old man doesn't know how lucky he is, I wish my wife would come out on the bike with me.

Welcome BlackStar :welcome: Although I now live in Wiltshire I originated from Gloucestershire. You're old man doesn't know how lucky he is, I wish my wife would come out on the bike with me.

Well maybe part of his reasons are to do with I came off on 24 March whilst we were out together. Only going slow on gravel and back wheel went. Anyway costmetic damage to both bike and me and even whilst waiting for ambulance to arrive I was saying it won't stop me! Admittedly ever since the weather's been rubbish and on top of that he's not been too well, but still don't get the impression he can't wait to get back out there and ride asap. I've ridden since, but kinda lonely going everywhere alone . . .

Greetings blackstar and :welcome:

post your question in 'Yamaha Customs' and make the title include XVS650...you'll be more likely to get your answer that way lass

Thank you and will do now.

Posted in yer other section.

But yeah, getting out there and riding is what it's all about.

I ride a 650 Drag every single day, so I can tell you it's a great daily ride!

Just get out there on your own, learn your way around the bike and it's capabilities, experience all manner of weather, traffic and road conditions and just live the life.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online