What the heck is this?

Btate
This post is 4512 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1982 XS400 DOHC i purchased as a project. Cleaned the carbs and got it running and then one day it just wouldnt start. I am in the process of tracking down all the electrical gremlins this thing has. I found this connection just hanging down under the battery near where all the wires go down under the motor. It looks like it clips to something and has two black wires going to it. I think possibly a ground but not sure. It is a round cap similar to what would go over the terminals on a starter solenoid, has two black wires going to it, and then inside has two copper clips that look like the go around something. I dont see anything hanging under it to connect to. Please help I am pulling my hair out and would really appreciate it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the reply and the answer. That makes sense. I am missing the half that connects to the brake cable but at least I know its not shorting out anything! I really appreciate the help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online