rattle gor worse

skik
This post is 4423 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yes, this should set the piston at TDC but make sure when you rock the flywheel just before and after this position that the valves Don't move. If they do, turn the flywheel another 360 degrees so when you turn the flywheel just before and after this position that the valves Don't move. This will put the engine in the correct positon i.e TDC on the Compression Stroke to set the valves and camchain.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look at your PM's on the forum.

that manual is for the 125 model.mine is a 1981 sr250.looking at the cam chain tensioner on it,the rod sits out from the locknut but on mine the rod is flush with the locknut thats why i cant screw the wee nut in flush.if i could only get a pic up you would be able to see what im on about

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't look right. For the centre adjuster to be screwed in that far I think you may find either the camchain is badly worn or the camchain guides have worn or broken. There should also be a cover that screws onto the threads of the centre adjuster but because it is screwed in so far it won't fit on.