dragstar xvs 125 HELP!

elkeye
This post is 4383 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey every body i am new here and i am looking for some help.

I have a 2004 xvs 125 and it was in a little accedent the other week.

The handle bars are bent and the front and back light casings need replacing.

Thats all the damage from the accedent but as it needs to be reparied i may aswell do some other things to it.

I need a new chain and sprocket tyres and a new gear leaver as mines a bit bent.

And also my back brake is a bit spongey and dosnt tend to work rater well.

Where is the best place to buy the parts for my little project.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there. Maybe Wemoto or ebay would be a good place to get you started?

drum brakes have a habit of locking up when a bike's not getting used

there could be a problem within the drum

new brakes methinks would be a good start

Hey every body i am new here and i am looking for some help.

I have a 2004 xvs 125 and it was in a little accedent the other week.

The handle bars are bent and the front and back light casings need replacing.

Thats all the damage from the accedent but as it needs to be reparied i may aswell do some other things to it.

I need a new chain and sprocket tyres and a new gear leaver as mines a bit bent.

And also my back brake is a bit spongey and dosnt tend to work rater well.

Where is the best place to buy the parts for my little project.

Thanks in advance.

Heidenhau tyres from PNEUS online

Granby Motors for parts

Back drum brakes arent that efficient, dont worry about that as long as it slows you, bribngs on the rear light, and doesnt go to the end of the wear indicator

i have sent it to a garage they are striating the handle bars and other bits, front and rear light casings chain and sprockets,and new brakes front and rear, and a service for 420 i should have it back next wed. i can't wait i hate public transport

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your bike and going back to the frustrations of public transport. You've probably got everything fixed up now though? If not, I saw tyres on the list and I can help you save some money on a rear tyre (Bridgestone) if you still need one?

• 3 months later...

Hi there.

Sorry to hear about your trouble- I'm having a little myself. I've got an XVS125 with a horribly seized engine in my garage. Gutted! If you for any reason decide you're not gonna bother repairing yours I'd be happy to buy it to break. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a used engine and I can't find one. If anyone else knows about one that's going please reply to me on here

Cheers

Dan