de-restricted exhaust

This post is 4414 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep, the sound wont be as tinny though.

Haha like an angry bee in a tin can is the best one.

I, think i'm going to avoid the DEP on my current project and go for the standard but de-restricted. If they're as hard as you say to maintain then thats just a pain and I'm sure a hollow standard will do fine. I've got 2 standards in the shed at the mo. You any idea about sharp pointy bits if you stick your finger down the pipe at the engine end? Both the ones i have have them, not sure if they're repairs or if they're normally like that. Also if anyone knows about the de restriction in that end in the form of a tube that is welded in 3 places into the end of the exhaust. I remember taking one out of my brothers early DTR but these dont seem to have them or have any signs of them being removed.

Did the exhaust change in 97 with other bits? We fitted a pre 96 zorst to a 2001 DTR last night and the mounting point to the right of the battery, just as the exhaust goes from chamber to pipe, was about an inch away. As in away from the frame, not left or right ( if that makes sense).

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online