TZR 250 WON'T START

This post is 4368 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there.

I bought this Tzr 250, its a 3ma with deul carbs and a kick start!

The bike is in bad shape1 looks like a couple of teenagers messed it up! lol

Sarted it up first time, and went for a powerfull ride! IT FELT like the fastets thing on earth, then caught up to slow car, slamed on the brakes, and tried to over take but the bike had no more power. i stopped next to the road and played with the throttle and then the power came back. spun off like crazy again, but when ever slaged off it does the same thing, almost like a flat spot!

took the tank off at home and found that the previous guy replaced the normal coil with two car coils connected straight on the spark plugs!

orderd the right coil and new plugs, and took the carb off and cleaned the muck out and saw the main jets are very big and not even the same! replace them with much smaller ones but the bike just won't start any more!

there is spark! There is compression!

what can it be?

what is the correct size that the main jets must be?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok. I took the cargs off again. Someone told me that there are starting jets that are very small that often has muck inside them. They were dirty. the bike starts now, but only if i choke it allot. then the revs shoot up very high by itself then slowly come down, it idles for a short while then dies again?????

I have been battling for a year with this bike!

Anyone that can help??

What size were the mains, they are huge, like 240odd possibly bigger still. The bike can get down to 30mpg with hard use, less is perfectly possible on a track.

Hi there. I replaced the fuel filter. there is allot of feul. I also think the one main jet has a 190 jet in. not sure of the other one.

Like i said, i do get it to start but i must get someone to choke the carb intake by hand, then it starts. then it revs up by it self extreamly high, then slowly loses revs and dies. Even if I play with the trothel before it wants to die it makes a smuthering sound and dies!

Might this be a CDI propblem, or just carbaration?

I would say its carbs/ fuel related , best thing to do is pull the carbs off and strip them fully down and get the correct jets in both ,then you know that issue is sorted

Why do people ask about CDi's, i don't recall one failing on here.