Air cleaner - MIA

jamierxs100
This post is 4521 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

as you may know I bought an RXS100 this week without knowing much about bikes. I have a Haynes manual know and getting to grips with things I should have looked at before I bought it.

like the air filter,

took the right panel off and knew it was going to be bad, looks like someone has cut a hole in the "air tight" air cleaner box.

also there is no filter in there at all. (is this the root cause of my carb overflow issue?)

So the air cleaner box is totally empty. Can I get a new filter element? the one I've seen on yambits doesn't look anything like the one in the manual, and can I get a replacement cover?

please help

J

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unfortunately yes, they are designed for reliability and fuel efficientcy, not speed. Although doesent stop people trying.

They are pretty good out the box TBH. Should get 70 from a good one.

Way back in the dark ages we could humble the trailee 125's even if we couldn't catch the road rockets.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online