VStar 1100 Footboard to footpeg conversion

This post is 4405 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello! I am new to this site but not new to motorcycles - I've had in excess of 100 in my lifetime!! I currently own a Yamaha VStar 1100 and cannot properly operate gear shift and foot brake with these foot boards interfering. Need foot pegs. Is there a conversion? Anyone done it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Welcome to the YOC, it's nice that you have had so many bikes but that not withstanding this is the "INTRO" section and that was not an intro that was a QUESTION and so should be in the "WORKSHOP" section if you would be so kind, I think you will find that several people have done the foot peg conversion but as some say on here "NO INTRO NO INFO" it's just that we get a lot of one hit wonders who ask for advice and are never seen again so we like to know who we are talking to and we like them to become part of the family so to speak, so once again welcome and hope you enjoy your stay. :jossun:

P.S. Perhaps you might do you intro again with a bit of info about yourself & where your from.

Well, thank you for the response. First of all, I am 73 so you might imagine I am not handy with computer stuff. (My wife is doing this for me!!). Anyway, I would be delighted to post my question wherever you think is the best place; how do I get to "workshop"??

As for who I am. I am an ex-pat living for the past 35 years in California. Originally from Welwyn Garden City in Herts. As stated previously, I am "a biker from way back".

I'll see if I can find the workshop whilst we wait for a response. Thanks again.

Hi Again and welcome to the YOC, dont worry I'm 60 this year so know how you feel about these bloody new fangled boxes of electronics, at least it is warmer where you are than here, just been out and it's bloody freezing, I see you found the WORSHOP section and I also see that you have posted your question again, may I suggest that you put your question in a slightly different way, no offence intended but it is a bit joe blunt. explain what you want to do and why and some one will rock up with a fix for you, you could also use the SEARCH (top of page on right) section and type in what you want and you might be lucky and find that some one has already left a post with just the fix you need, if not then EDIT your original post in workshop with a bit more info about what you want to do. Other than that it's always nice to meet new people and hope you find what your looking for, if not PM me (click on my name and leave me a message) and I will try to find it for you as I'm sure I saw this topic a while ago. Martin. :jossun:

Thank you Martin for the heads up. I've edited the "Joe Blunt" request!! Let's see what happens. One of the main reasons for moving to California was to be able to ride all year round without losing some important body parts! Still got old though! Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online