PostApocalyptaBike Rises!

This post is 4524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dug a free bike out of a backyard. Had some bees in the bonnet, literally, and ivy growing through just about every bit of it. Apparently a tree got knocked down on either side of it, and it's been pinned until recently ever since hurricane Isabel ripped through my part of Virginia. It's now sitting comfortably under the eaves of my smithy, and I'm planning a full frame-off.

I have a feeling my TIG welder and 3-axis mill are going to get a workout on this one. I have a friend with a 3D printer that does ABS plastic like a dream, might wind up with a few custom made parts too. The original tank doesn't leak, frame's solid, if a bit rusty (surprisingly less than I'd expect for 12 years outdoors). The cover had literally dry rotted off it, since the owner coulnd't get to it past the 48-ish inch diameter oak and hickory trees on either side. Not even going to try and turn over the engine - missing spark plug... going to do a full disassembly before I do anyhting else.

We'll see how this one goes - anyone else working on a 250, hit me up - I've got the whole owner's manual, repair manual, and exploded parts diagrams downloaded.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not my cup of coffee but welcome to the boards and good luck with it, piccies :hyper:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online