Yamaha dt125r crank seal

Spark90
This post is 4516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just brought a 2001 yamaha DT125r. the guy i brought it from has said he's been told by a mechanic that the crank seals have gone and need replacing, runs alright, abit noisy but thinking that might be due to holes in the exhaust, a freinds managed to get a clean one for me so going to fit that when it arives. apparently it hasnt long had a full engine re build, ive got some pictures showing this so unsure why he's saying this. is there any way of checking this without taking too much of the engine appart?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes there are several ways of checking

one is to drain the oil

remove the engine

take off the two engine cases

chock up the engine on blocks until the cylinder base gasket face is approimately level (preferably in a tray)

fill the crankcase with diesel

and watch the two sides checking for weepage

how does that sound?

sounds like it could be a bit of fun :P in that case, found a place to do a full re build and seals, for piece of mind while engine is out might get them to do that.

yes there are several ways of checking

one is to drain the oil

remove the engine

take off the two engine cases

chock up the engine on blocks until the cylinder base gasket face is approimately level (preferably in a tray)

fill the crankcase with diesel

and watch the two sides checking for weepage

how does that sound?

Like a lot of work, i'd go with riding it with the replacement exhaust and see what gives.

:eusa_doh::biglaugha:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online