Camera mounting

craige_01
This post is 4538 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have 2004 R6. I'm off to Cadwell soon and want to mount a front facing camera but have no idea where to put it! lol

where is the best place to put it?? A picture would be good if possible!

I have just bought a drift camera BTW

Thanks

Craig

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure if it would work with the Drift, but if it's small enough, and you have a clear screen, you could put it down at the bottom of the 'v' shape, at the very bottom of the screen. We've put one one there on an R1, but it was a small camera.

Otherwise, use the fairing screws to put it on the side of the mudguard, on the side of the fairing, or somewhere else behind your screen. You could even use a helmet mount.

With the drift mount kit ( http://driftinnovation.com/accessory/drift-mount-kit/ ) you could perhaps drill a hole in the mount, and pass a countersunk fairing screw through it.

Hope that helps!

Could try mounting it to your helmet, swingarm for rear shots or maybe even on your forks down by the wheel? Might be a bit low to the gorund but its been done and looks pretty cool.

Or as already side a fairing mount, near a crash slider or something so it would be a bit more protected?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online