DT 125 1980 swing arm question

This post is 4374 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, just wondering my Dt first reg April 1980 has a rectangular section swing arm, im sure these had a tubular section arm, If this has been changed for the more modern design will I find that other bits have been changed to make it fit, ie the shock (Mainly curious but may be helpful if I need to overhaul the shock)

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If its got the lh filter then it shouldn't have the round swinger. Maybe its an upgrade. Or the fellow doing the part rebuild fitted it. Who knows.

Wack the first part of the chassis number (leave the last 3 digits off for safety's sake) up and we will know for certain.

Don't mean to spoil your fun but that 125 is a 175.

If it was a 125 the chassis number would start 2A8.

2K4-001 is the earliest of the 175 MX generation dating from feb 78 to very early 79 when the 2K4-010 took over.

It was the 2K4-020 that had the square swinger, LH airbox and 6 wire cdi

Thanks guys so.....

its a 1979 chassis 175 MX registered in 1980

with a 125 cc 1981 bottom end

with a 175 cc Head

with a later rectangular section swing arm fitted

I guess ordering parts could be interesting.

Is it likely that the shock was changed with the swing arm then or would it fit both styles.

No I contacted Yamaha, the engine is 2A815****

and got the following reply:

Thank you for your e-mail.

The engine number you have providedrelates to a 1981 model year Yamaha DT125 which was produced early in that year.

When ordering parts we would recommendthat you quote the Model Code 4J3 along with the Engine Number.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online