2002 Thundercat Hotwired / Stolen Not working.

chossy
This post is 4524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, my pal Keith got his Tcat stolen a couple months ago :madflame:

but they caught the guys!!, so he got it back from insurance etc.

However they had hotwired it, so Keith has got a new ignition barrel for it and joined it up etc. he can hear all the normal start up happening but it doesn't crank or kick into life when he tries to start it... it's dead.

Could you guys maybe list a few things he can check through to make sure he has done everything correctly.

His rear indicators have been ripped off (possibly by the blooming salvage company!)... will this have any effect?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer, I appreciate it's a bit vague but I will give Keith my log in and he can run through all the things he has done so far.

Cheers guys, hopefully he can get his bike back on the road soon!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Chossy, As this is your first post mate it should be and INTRO not a question, plus if your mate has a Yam then why doesn't he join himself and save a lot of hassle, that said it's kind of you to try to help him out but really it's putting the cart before the horse if you have to run back and forth with answers that might come in. Plus we only have your word that you are in fact his mate and not the guy who stole it!! no offence meant and none taken I hope but you could be anybody and we could be helping you to steal his bike. Plus on here a lot of people WILL NOT give advice without an intro, to coin a phrase "NO INTRO NO INFO. :jossun:

Done and done. I popped over to the new members section the now and introduced myself, sorry about that I'm just keen to help Keith out as he is getting pretty upset that he can't get his bike back on the road :(

I'll get Keith to log in and he can put up the reg. number etc. that should put peoples minds at rest?... I'm not really sure how he can show his bike is not actually stolen :/

cheers and appologies

possibly the starter has been left running when the bike has started, which in effect, has "burnt the basta' oot" as you say in Scotland

Ha ha, well I actually texted Keith last night to let him know about this site and the posts, and he has it fixed up :D, he just needs to get two bolts for his ignition which apparently are a bit tricky to use and then he is done. He had to chase around to find out what was wrong, I'm chuffed for him as it's his only form of transport. I'm going to give him my chain to lock it up with in future :/

Thanks for the help dudes, hopefully see you around when I get my bike :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online