FZR 400 1wg

cameron1590
This post is 4528 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have a fzr 400 1wg great bike had a friend take it for a run as I have no licence yet :( but will have soon he said its great no problems on the test run, its done 19,000 miles and is a 1987 year. Im having problems with starting it,once started it runs fine but three short clicks of the start button and the battery dies, I think the batterys had it but looking through some paper work with the bike its only a year old, my friend said if it had been flat for a long time it will be knackered, does this sound like a new battery job and she will fire up straight away ? or something more serious ? :S After you get her started she will run fine, I changed all the spark plugs, oil and oil filter plus coolant in jan.

Thanks,

Cameron

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yep, new battery time, flatten a M/C battery and they end up sulphated and knackered.

get yourself an optimate and keep it trickle charged.

Hi Cameron, I've said this loads of times and I will say it again. A battery needs to keep working or it will go flat. My battery is six years old and starts first time every time in all sorts of weather including snow and frost.

Every morning it will start first time.

But

When I come back from a two week holiday with my gorgeous wife it will take about three presses of the starter button to start the bike. Then it's back to normal at starting first time.

What I'm saying is that the longer you leave any battery it will start going flat.