XVS 950 Additional Electrical Wiring

AndyBuk
This post is 4529 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Would anyone have any suggestions of what type of wiring I should be using for wiring in the following:

12v cigarette socket - which will be used to charge things like a phone etc.

autocom power supply

additional indicators (part of the saddle bags and need to be removable, so some kind of connecter will be required)

CB power supply

I already have the sat nav wired up but it obviously runs to the front of the bike (would be hard to see the screen if it was behind me lol)

The aim is to run the wiring from under the seat (obviously) to the Trunk and Saddlebags (indicators only).

I will also have to add fuses along the way (close to the battery) maybe even some kind of relay to run everything off?

I would also like to add a switch or 2 to the handlebars, but I'm having trouble finding something suitable, any recommendations greatly received?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, depends where you want the cig socket... I have mine wired under the neck covers on the 1300 which allows me to run the sat nav on the go. It's wired direct to the battery so I can charge the phones etc when parked (camping). I'm unsure about a connection for the bags that's removable. I would guess the best place for the connection would be under the seat so they're out the way when not in use. You could maybe use T-tap connections or connection blocks depending on how easy you want to be able to remove? As for the handlebar switches I haven't found any yet but was thinking of trying a model shop for some (Maplin didn't have any).

Remember in line fuses for all live wires. You may need to use relays for the more heavy loads