XVS 950 odo

Smerch
This post is 4446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. I bought my XVS 950 in the United States. I need to convert the odometer from miles to kilometers? In the service and user manuals do not have any info about it some. Tell me how to do this, please.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't think you can 'convert' them... The Speedo might show you kilometers in small underneath the miles but I'm not aware of a toggle function to swap. Where are you based? It might be possible to source a Speedo unit locally that is in kilometers or I think you can buy electronic converters to attach underneath the Speedo but both may be expensive.

If by Odometer you mean the actual mileage counter, I'm pretty certain there's no way to change that. But if you mean the speedometer, then there are stickers you can use. or you may be able to swap out the speedo face to km. Do a google search.

I know my bike was an import and only had the speedo in KPH so they converted it to MPH all it has is a Gold thing on the bottom of the speedo cable (must be some cogs to convert it) and then a sticker on the speedo its self that covers up the KPH with MPH written on it. So if they can do it for KPH to MPH im sure they can do it the other way round?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online