Help with problem???

Grouch
This post is 4531 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

Recently my bike has started making a crunching/grinding sound all of a sudden as I'm just riding along. I think it is connected to the gears. Also when I set off in first gear it makes a clicking noise and like bounces. It has got worse and today it did it when I was going down hill. The best I can describe it is...... As though your riding along in top gear at 50 mph, then all of a sudden you drop it in to first and let the clutch out.????????????

Please can someone help me, I don't have a clue about mechanics and I don't want to ride my bike until it's sorted in case I make it worse.

I thought it could be the gear oil needs changing, but I can't find it, I've looked in my owners manual and my Haynes manual but can't find nothing.

My bike is an XT 125 X.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is your chain loose, worn out, sprockets worn (front and back), teeth missing??? ...all generally neglacted and sad :(

If the answer to any of this is YES you are risking personal injury or worse god forbid because if that chain breaks you can suffer serious injury!

and engine case damage

I will check this, so it's nothing to do with the gears? I have just recently bought the bike and it had a 12 month MOT.

Like a complete wanker, recently I set off with my bike chain around my back wheel because I forgot it was there.

Airhead you were right! The chain was really slack so I tightened it up. While I was checking I noticed two teeth missing from the sprocket, also the sprocket was really worn. I definitely need a new sprocket and possibly a new chain.

Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online