2012 WR450F too tall lowering tips?

This post is 4533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just picked up a 2012 WR450F on saturday. Everything about the bike is perfect besides the fact i can barley touch the ground im like 5'7". I adjusted the sag enough to where i can side saddle it but thats not going to work very well when im flying through the trails and i come to a sudden stop or im slowly creeping. Is there anyway of lowering it besides a yamalink lowering link? I cant adjust the triple clamp at all.

any help would be appreciated thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Kouba link may do a cheaper option. Failing that learn to crash gracefully! I ride a dt that is akin to a kids bike in size, also I.ride a ttr250. I cant touch the floor on it. If you fall over on the trails you will inevitably have one leg on the floor. It will seem like second nature once youre used to the change.

Can you not lengthen, (as in get some longer ones made) the "dog bones" on the bottom of the suspension, it's all the rage with lads with DT's to raise up the tail end, by shortening the dog bones, so presumably the opposite applies in your case.and also presuming your bike has the two dog bone plates.

To raise your back end you'd need to get shortened dog bones, therefore to lower the seat height you need longer ones, whip one off, measure the hole centres, then see about getting some fabricated up, adding about 15mm to the hole centres, I have seen them sold for other bikes on Ebay if you can't get any made up, but its not a big job if you have a fabrication/engineering workshop locally to you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online