I find it funny.....

StephenD
This post is 4400 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive been on the road now, on my YZF for 3days and am glad too see the nice acknowledgement, I get from other riders,(at the minute just full licence holders, from what ive noticed)

Giving me a little nod as they pass,

It reminds me of the buses when they wave to eachother lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Classic

O ARTHER!!!!!!

I see this moped rider every bladdey day and i always nod at him yet he never nods back, so the other day i seen him and gave him the finger and guess what he gave me two in return.......so they are capable of communication lol

I'm an L plater, I make it a rule to nod to everyone on bikes, in hope that I may inspire some of the moody buggers to join in, I think this type of comradery is great.

Mopeds dont count, 9/10 times its just your local chav distributing weed. I passed like an enduro type 125 the other day and I got a middle finger, however I think I know the little bas**rd and his time is short.

But yeah race bikes are the ones that I always get a response from, other guys on cruisers sometimes give a raise of the hand, but 50cc's normally cant see due to their head being on the tank.

Don't worry - All the ignorant summer rider pricks will be out soon, to ignore your nods, whazz round at top speed and show you how a REAL biker rides...

Don't worry - All the ignorant summer rider pricks will be out soon, to ignore your nods, whazz round at top speed and show you how a REAL biker rides...

I had some race bikes pass me on a long straight last summer, had no idea of their approach until they appeared in my line of sight along with jet aircraft like noise..

Nearly sucked me into their vortex, my my bike gained 10mph just by them passing.

Thats my summer sport, there are several roads near my village that would give you an arse spanking to rival miss whiplash on a rag day if you were riding a racer.

My TDR eats them, it excells on point, brake, blast it roads. They end up stood on the back wheel on the big stuff or bogging in the wrong gear on the 4/6oo's. They never figure the dirty worn bike gears means riding A LOT more than they do :biglaugha:

Bring it on..... :1poke:

i dont see what the problem is, even on my DT50 i used to acknowledge other bikers with a nod or wave, and to be fair to most riders they did tend to nod back or wave, i still wave and nod on the XJ and get a fair few nods back, most L-platers either dont seem to understand or just ignore it, but a few of them are polite enough to return the greeting and i have a certain amount of respect for them, restricted to 30mph, unable to negotiate remotely steep hills without slowing to a crawl, we we're all there once! (apart from the more vintage amongst you...)

Theres a few L platers on 125s that know what their doing, and the ones that have 2 stroke race bikes manage to de-restrict them and do em up.

120mph is possible on the Aprillia RS 125. No hill crawling there believe me, it annoys us L plate 4 strokers......

we we're all there once! (apart from the more vintage amongst you...)

Nope not me mate, i only had my 125 / L plates for 7months, got fucked off so passed my DAS and now i can go up hills at 35mph now! Woop Woop!

My first bike/moped was a FS1E that would do 50 mph.

I think a lot of the 50cc crowd and a certain amount of the 125's may be riding because that's all they can afford or that they need to just to get where they need to go, my nephew had a 50cc then a 125 just so he could get to work (no public transport) and as soon as he could afford it he changed to a tin box and sold the bike.

Personally I nod or wave at every other bike, scooter or moped... I don't give a toss if they don't acknowledge me back, I feel good enough that I made the effort.

My first bike/moped was a FS1E that would do 50 mph.

I think a lot of the 50cc crowd and a certain amount of the 125's may be riding because that's all they can afford or that they need to just to get where they need to go, my nephew had a 50cc then a 125 just so he could get to work (no public transport) and as soon as he could afford it he changed to a tin box and sold the bike.

Personally I nod or wave at every other bike, scooter or moped... I don't give a toss if they don't acknowledge me back, I feel good enough that I made the effort.

I tried the like button for the first time, aparently I've reached my quota.. so I'll just say I agree with all that.

i allways nod, or wave at other bikers, old mans had bikes since i was wee and i guess i just got the habbit from him - must say, i have noticed the difference of people waving or nodding back sicne i got rid of my L plates and my 125 in favor of a bigger bike :)

I tried the like button for the first time, aparently I've reached my quota.. so I'll just say I agree with all that.

yeah - mines the same, never been able to like anything haha

I also find that 'mature' riders actually acknowledge the nod.. I get some right dirty looks when I nod at bikers next to me at lights (special the female ones :eusa_shifty: )

I get some right dirty looks when I nod at bikers next to me at lights (special the female ones :eusa_shifty: )

Its much more polite at the lights to look at the other rider, flip your visor down, blip the throttle and then nod, most of them seem to take notice of you then