SR 125 oil suggestions.

thomasrolewis
This post is 4541 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Just wondering what the best oil for my SR 125 is. Haynes says 20w40SE, but I like in the UK and it's never warm. Do I need a 10W40 semi?

Bikes done 31000 if that helps, cold starts seem a little bit of a struggle bit I'm just wondering what brands are good and what aren't? So any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Go semi or even full synth if you can. Also get the lowest W number you can find (like 0W or 5W or 10W), as the W number is the measure of viscosity at low temps (cold starts): the lower the number, the lower the viscosity, which means the better the oil will flow and therefore lubricate the engine at startup. There's a link to a long article about this on a post somewhere here. Hope that helps. Oh and yes, to state the obvious, use motorcycle specific oil, not car oil! Otherwise, bye-bye clutch!

Great, what do you think to this?

That's what I've been using in my bikes for years, never yet had any problems .... well, none due to the oil, that is!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online