RT3 Project

flyday58
This post is 4342 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Looking good!!!!

I Want one now, the only thing tho................that vid didn't work :(

If u clikky the pikky it should take u 2 my photobucket page, worked for OGOAB aka AH.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If u clikky the pikky it should take u 2 my photobucket page, worked for OGOAB aka AH.

Nope still not working :eusa_think: just comes up saying Video can not be found...........must be my works PC heap of shit

Good show flyday" Bet you wished you fitted the side stand,, :babyha: sounds great, them black bars gotta go, now your away to spend lots of money on parts eh ,,, the sore bit,,, keep us posted,, :yeah:

Good show flyday" Bet you wished you fitted the side stand,, :babyha: sounds great, them black bars gotta go, now your away to spend lots of money on parts eh ,,, the sore bit,,, keep us posted,, :yeah:

Weeeell, the side stand mount was broken or cut off before I bought it, so no where to mount a side stand. So one of my projects is to figure out a way to weld an attachment for the side stand to the frame. Had to do similar on my DT for the side stand return spring.

• 2 months later...

Update for the long hot summer. Got the RT3 rideable and took her down the drive. All seemed cool until I tried to down shift. No workie. Stalled it out, too heavy to bump start, broke my foot kick-starting, was able to down shift again. Said to self, self it was just a thing. Sure it was. Went back down the drive. Upshift great, down shift no workie. Scheisse! Stalled again, broke foot again, down shifted once then stuck, limped home in 4th gear. Double Scheisse!!

I figured out that if I applied slight upward pressure on the shift lever after the down shift, I could go all the way through the gears no probbo. So I knew summat was bodged in there, return spring methinks, tho it seemed fine when I installed it. Removed the clutch cover, and here is what I found:

th_MVI_8821.jpg

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_8826.jpg

This bit looks okay (shift lever #1):

IMG_8827.jpg

So waiting on parts.

Oh and someone may have busted another clutch basket cos they're too damn impatient to wait on the clutch-holding tool they just bought on fleabay. Don't know who that might have been, tho. Shhhh. :cussing:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online