Sr77
This post is 4540 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

Having just purchased a 1998 Yamaha SR125 I thought it only right that I join this forum and say hello.

Bought as a second bike to my CBR600F, the SR will serve as a commuter in a bid to save a few quid.

It has performed faultlessly so far, although I did notice the engine was largely devoid of oil on return from the 95 mile ride home in torrential rain after buying it, and needed a good half litre to top it up to the line.... I was told the oil was 'very clean' before riding away, so maybe it wasn't clean, but in fact 'not there' to start with, who knows!

Just how robust are these little bikes? I hear a lot about 'top end failures through neglect' etc, but they strike me as simpler than my lawnmower, and surely keeping the oil topped up and the bike serviced will stave off any problems? It has 13500 miles on it, and seems to run sweet enough.

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome SR77" yeh if its like its big brother SR500, it will be hardy & reliable,,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online