New member intro - DT250MX

This post is 4546 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oops, managed to make my first post without introducing myself! I'm up in Crieff, Scotland with a 1977 DT250MX in pretty good nick until I started to meddle and discovered bodge jobs from front to rear, no matter I'm working my way through them.

I'm no stranger to bikes but the arrival of two Sprogs resulted in me being advised strongly to get rid of the bike! I then bumped into a lad in the pub who had this bike lying in his shed for 14 years and had barely used it, a couple of beers later I found myself trudging back to the house with the bike!

Story so far:

Exhaust manifold studs snapped off in the head - fixed

Bodged bearing spacer in back wheel - fixed

Stripped barrels nuts - fixed

Faulty speedo - fixed

Holed exhaust - fixed

Silencer missing - fixed

Worn clutch - work in progress

Electrics not working at all - to be started

Tacho not working - fixed

I've been struggling with parts but eBay has come up trumps.

My trusty Haynes manual does not give adjustment for the plunger in the centre of the clutch basket, I was given a tip yesterday so will try that out as soon as the plates arrive. (The plunger seems to govern how far the clutch plates are separated.)

I'll let you know how the clutch is and, hopefully, the electrics will be an easy fix and then it's off for an MOT!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online