barn find

kearnsy123
This post is 4448 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was doin sum repairs on a barn roof on Tuesday and in the corner under a load of junk

i came across a 1989- 1991 kdx 125 the owner says its bin there over 15 years .her late husband used it on the farm . and to my suprise she gave it to me . I've to call back to collect logbook etc. anyway i took it

home and gave it a good scrub and its in pretty good nick . poured sum petrol in and changed plug and after 3 kicks it fired up and drove fairly ok

so i decided to service it last nite done the plug and gear oil but went i took the airliner out it just fell apartt

Would anyone no were id get a replacement air filter for it I've checked ebay etc

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Will do thanks

I just picked up the logbook

also all the indicators and rear light

and the original set of road tyres to

as it has motorcross tyres on it

i think ill try get it back on the road and give my tdr a rest :-)

its well worth trying to get it back to road-legal especially as its a freebie!, as for the air filter if you can't find a replacement try taking the old element off the filter itself and wrapping filter foam around it (see THIS LINK if you dont understand what i mean)

Cool nice linkwild foamy ill give that ago

thanks

Got the reg plate its an 89

And its reading 10698mls on the clock

• 2 weeks later...

I no its not a Omaha but the kdx won't idle does anyone no how to make it idle is there an adjustment screw etc on the carbon ???

I mean it won't idle is there any timing screw on the carb to make it idle in neutral

Wouldn't no how or were to clean mate ?