Dead front cylinder XV 125

Chalorr
This post is 4547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Bought an '01 XV 125 about 8 months ago, my first bike. It seemed to be in fantastic condition when I bought it (had my father look at it before I bought it who's been biking for 35+ years) but since I started using it everyday, it's had one issue after another. The latest occurred last night on my way home from work. It lost all power then cut out got it home in a van and had a look at the fuel supply, pump and tank. No problems at all there (had the father help, who's always done all his own maintenance) when firing it up now, the rear cylinder fires but the front has no compression what so ever so the front cylinder needs to come apart. This is where the problem is. I cannot find on the net anywhere the workshop manual to follow to do this. Is there a guide ? Or can someone post either the settings or point me to the settings somewhere?

I would really appreciate the help, I would rather have find out what part of the cylinder has gone before booking it into the garage and pouring yet more of my very short cash supply into the damned thing!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the Keiran, had a look at that post, he's got compression and no fuel, mines the other way round, got fuel in the sparks and all the carb/fuel supply is clear but I have no compression in the spark chamber when it's turned over, I think a valve has dropped or the piston rings have gone. It's ok now anyway, my father took it away in the van to drop it off to a fitter he knows so hopefully I'll know the extent by the end of day, I'll let you know.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online