1998 XJ600N Oil Cooler Leak

Scottishpaul43
This post is 4557 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everybody hope you're all good :)

So my cooler pipe is leaking and I have seen some posts saying to cut off the pipes and replace them with hoses and jubilee clips and am hoping to go to my brothers place at the weekend and give it a go (he got the mechanical hands and I only got the good looks you see :eusa_shifty: ) But does anyone know where I can get the hoses, oil filter etc anywhere in central London?

Also is chopping the pipes the only way to do it or does anyone have an alternative please?

I'd really appreciate any pointers in the right direction :hah:

Cheers

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Paul

I would consider fitting hoses and using pipe clips as only suitable as a temporary measure, this is because once you have cut the metal pipes there is no going back if the hoses don’t seal or if they react with the oil/heat and fail.

So my first approach if the pipe has a split is to try to solder the pipe in the same fashion as a plumber would, If this does not work or is not going to be successful,

You could contact the aftermarket motorcycle suppliers who often sell flexible ‘aero quip’ or goodridge type oil hoses.

http://www.merlinmot...CFe8htAodZCG-ng

Or you could bite the bullet and order some new pipes from a Yamaha agent,

Hope this helps and you find suitable fix

AJ