1990 TZR 125.

monkeyman_2
This post is 4536 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i am tryin to put my 1990 TZR 125 back togther but cant find where the power valve servo fits on the frame... can anyone help me or take some photos of there own bike and forward them on?

thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi monkeyman. I believe on that model the servo needs a "stay" that fits to the frame and then the servo bolts to that. I was looking at buying a 1990 TZR a few weeks back and the guy had the servo but not the stay, apparently they fetch alot of money. If you get a parts manual from somewhere you should be able to see it. From what i imagine, you'd be better off getting someone with engineering skills to make you one up if they are that hard to come by. It's probably that yamaha never supplied them with the bike and sold them as an improvement due to regulations about 17 year olds like with the DT. Do you have the 3 wire servo or the 5 wire. I believe you need the 3.

cable ties, yuk

Hi. I have just fitted a sero unit from a 250 to my 125. I had to reposition the boost bottle which is under the tank and place the servo there. Extend the 3 wires from the servo to pick up the loom under the seat, close to the oil reservoir. You could make up a bracket, i have used cable ties.

Hope this helps

Drew

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online