dt 125 oils/plug

This post is 4363 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi just got my self a 2002 dt 125,its been stood for a while so i thought it would be best to change the fluids and plug,can any1 tell me what gearbox oil/grade,2 stroke oil and spark plug to get/use thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome maty " 10W40 Engine oil, [ not car oil ] A semi- synthetic 2stroke oil , [ any make] will be good, plug ? not shure on model,

Go to a bike shop , all this will be on shelf,,

For engine oil you should not mix between synthetic, semi and natural. You ideally need to know whats in there. It shouldnt be a problem but i've always been told to avoid it. Fully Synthetic is always the best choice. As for gear oil. 10w40 as said before but s its running the clutch you dont want one thats too good or you could get clutch slipping. I use Yamalube. Its about 9 quid a litre from Yamaha dealers and you need 750ml so it's not bad. You're not gonna change it too often so its worth buying the better quality stuff. The spark plug should be a BR9ES plug, you'll get that from halfords, as with the 2-stroke oil. When changing the gear oil remember to have the engine warm and tilt the bike as it starts to trickle low to get as much out as you can. Do it into a clear container so you can see if there's any bits of anything in there. Remember to put the drain plug back in before you refill! haha. Good on you, lets keep these bikes in good condition and on the road!

Plug should be BR9ES

Gear oil should be 10w30 but ive put in 10w40 before without any probs.

2 stroke oil,,,,,, i use carlube 2T,,,,,, its nothing to do with cars by the way.

As said, all will be on a good bike shop shelf.

Fresh fuel in the tank and MAKE sure the oil pump (2 stroke) is pumping oil.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online