No turn signals

Drucifer007
This post is 4546 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went for a ride the other day and we noticed my turn signals not blinking. They were solid. When I parked the bike, the flasher unit (metal cylinder under the tank) was buzzing audibly. I turned off the bike and it stopped.

Sprayed the handlebar switch with wd 40 and changed fuses later that night. Checked and removed the flasher unit. Now there's no lights at all with it reinstalled. Flasher does click once if I use signal switch, but lights don't come on at all. All bulbs test fine for continuity.

1. Battery charges up to about 12.22 on trickle charge. Bike starts fine.

2. Swapped old flasher unit for new one, heavy duty three prong flasher 32cp max. Not sure if it's the correct replacement or not.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Drew

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Drew, You need to INTRO yourself before asking for advice mate, otherwise no one will answer your questions, there are a LOT of one hit wonders that show up here and ask for advice on their problems and then vanish, not saying your one of them but it's only polite to intro your self before asking, imagine your in a pub and you start asking strangers for advice about your bike in all likelyhood your will be invited outside for a discussion in manners or the lack of. So play nice and say Hi in the "NEW MEMBERS" section then ask again someone will have a fix or workround for you before the ink dries. :jossun:

Define heavy duty, it may bean its beefed up for towing so its expecting extra load.

Like for like replacement should be fine, have you tried re fitting the old one to see if you get your lights back.

The old one does click audibly, so I wonder if its good and I just have a bulb out...

could be a bad earth

thanks, I did find the issue to this. It was a bad flasher. The replacement I bought was not compatible even though it looked the same. I am going to try a 262 flasher relay (all electrical) and see if it will work. I jumpered two connections behind the flasher relay connector and the lights now go on, they just don't flash.

now to solve my other electrical issues....

PS. I wondered if I needed a fuse or resistor when testing bulbs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online