Draggy may go end of the year????

Noise
This post is 4464 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i been thinking of a change maybe on the cards but im not too sure......?

Ive kinda fallen in love with the KTM Super Duke 990 but im also for ever tormented by an old Harley Dyna! both are stupid money second hand as well as out the crate!

So what do i do? should i keep the draggy and carry on doing what Ive been doing and making her to my tastes or do i start saving and get my all time dream Harley or the pocket rocket Duke? :eusa_think:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd try and borrow a go on your other dreams to see if they stand up. I met a few peeps whose dreams became nightmares especially harleys!

Them duke noise " are a handfull, tons of torque, masses of engine braking, sit high too, makes em hard to ride smoothly, i never enjoyed my ride on one,

A harley :eek2: read my sig"

Them duke noise " are a handfull, tons of torque, masses of engine braking, sit high too, makes em hard to ride smoothly, i never enjoyed my ride on one,

A harley :eek2: read my sig"

Lol i like the sig!! well i know the Duke looks a hand full and at least now i know some one thats actually owned one so i will take all your advise on board but i guess its like a great white shark or a tiger...............there so dangerous and scary which is always why you want to go see it or pet it lol

I dunno...........its just that i think i maybe getting the board factor in the draggy which is worrying as ive not had it that long really, i think if it had a bit more torque id be happy with it for at least another year.

But yes i think i may have to go have a test ride of them to see if i like or even fit on them as im only 5 foot and a fag end! lol

Bored with the Drag?

I must be doing something right!!

There is a 950, 1100, 1300 and a massive 1900 still to go in the Star range, if what you want is more kick...

Failing that, try a Rocket III - NOTHING is faster at 0-50mph, not even the Hayabusa!

Well a Hardly Worth It and a Duke in the same sentace, why not come over to the dark side, some lovely strokers out there. 1200quid will get you a good anything if you don't go all trainspotter with originality.

More bang for your buck, instant cool, every time you start the motor your giving the v's to the greens and most of the red tape at mot time can be forgotten, if your not grinning till it obviously goes bang you's dead.

Another alternative: keep the dragstar and use the money saved to do some long distance touring - take the bike deep into Europe; if you have never done it, it will turn your motorcycle world on it's head. The dragstar will be very good in this guise - sensible twin, roomy etc.

The last 3 weekends I have done 300+ miles (each w/end) in the south west and wales, and as good as it was, it does not come close to the black forest, the swabian jura, the vosges, lolloping around the ardennes/eifel or blasting round the dolomites.

btw fowlers is chock full of unsold KTMs, they can't seem to sell any RC8s (those things were commanding silly money when they came out).

I really like pilningas's idea! Biking across Europe, surely a bucket list item if there ever was one! Not sure bobbers make good tourers though, what with them flat, bastard hard seats they put on 'em!

Noise what happens if you take the mad plunge and get the dyna? You gonna bobberize that as well?

I really like pilningas's idea! Biking across Europe, surely a bucket list item if there ever was one! Not sure bobbers make good tourers though, what with them flat, bastard hard seats they put on 'em!

Noise what happens if you take the mad plunge and get the dyna? You gonna bobberize that as well?

Yer i think a good old ride away for a week end is on the cards once the weather improves but yes the bobber look has sort of given the comfort side of things a smack in the teeth lol.

And as for the Dyna plans tout i would love to make it look like this

right1.jpg

But i wouldn't go ape hangers id go for low wide beach bar type bars like i got now, i wouldn't mind actually doing an old Triumph bonnie into a bobber but again they go for good money,

Rocket 3 Tasky.........................Wanna lend me the money!? lol Yet another bike on my list of things to own :D

I have a near obsession with European Motorcycling - if i can i will ge away next week. The more you delve into it, the more you realise that 'super tourers' are irrelevant. I still chuckle when i think back to being at Dover, there was me with my FZR1000, a guy with an old nail of a Rever and 3 guys all with BMW Whales; the guy with the Revere was off to Berlin, I was off to Bavaria, the three BMWers were going to 'tour' around Pays-de-Calais. Had a similar thing last year or the year before with guys on hypertourers going to Brussels (best bit was, they had 'fast disembarkment', but all bikes get off quick anyway - they went blasting off, but then queued at the roundabout in with the trucks - i filtered past the line of traffic on the overloaded-XJ6, haha)

People tour europe (and beyond) on C90s, Cossacks (good story in UBG about a guy who rode the whole of Europe on a Cossack combo @ 45mph!) etc.

Nice story somewhere on the internet of 2 chaps who in the late 50s toured europe on a couple of Bantams. It's all easier now of course -you could ride to Russia before you encounter any border or visa controls. The Euro works from Brittany to Turkey, so one currency fits most/all.

I'd try to do more than a weekend, whilst it is a great start - it's an expensive thing to go shorter, rather than a bit longer. A week (if you can get it off work/fit it to life/afford it), will get you a reasonable way in.