Funny noises

Morpheuz
This post is 4569 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My dragstar 125, is making a lot of sounds when hot.

Im running 10w-40 motul 300v double ester oil, its the correct amount.

It pulls fine and runs great, apart from a few noises.

First, is the bottom end somewhere, like two logs knocking together, constant in line with rpm, its nearly at 13000 miles, dunno weather its in KM or miles.

Obviously that can be heard better at idle.

The cam and chains, are ticking like 24 sewing machines all in one.

Im scared to death the bottom end bearings/rod bearings are going, or I have piston slap.

Around a rounabout I heard something clunk around and then stop, this didnt start the noises, and bike was fine after, however I went around again and I saw no debris, so im crapping myself.

I'm going to switch to 10w-50, maybe it will be quieter when hot that way, and I dont see no harm as its got a pressure release back to the sump anyway. I'll just try to keep it out of high rpm.

Anyone who has one of these plagues will know how much parts are, hopefully a motorbike garage can find a non-oem parts source for bearings and such.

Either way It will be going for an MOT soon but before hand I'm going to ask them to check the cam, chain, and sources of the noises.

On startup the rear cylinder plooms vapor, while the front doesnt, then stops when hot... dont like it.

I know V-Twins are known for being rattly but I put that down to an out of sync system.

At this point I realise I am a forum whore now and am probably getting up a few noses, but at the same time I have extreme OCD and I'm a paranoid anxiety wierdo. So yeah, sorry.

I love bikes, your talking to someone who paid 60 quid on 4l of oil every month for a chinese bike... I just dont want another little 125 drag written off because everyone is taking them apart.

Thank you

Morph out..

zzzzzz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah it was hell noisy when I first got it, it didnt run too well either. It runs better and quieter now but some noises are still there, thats why I'm worried.

When I got it the carb to head rubber had a few cracks in, and was pulling in air, could this cause a lean condition and ruin my pistons? I dont think the previous owner or the dealer had any idea it was there, so it may have been run lean a while.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online