2002 DT 125R HELP!

Paullaith
This post is 4513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, need help as ive broke my Yam : ( i was riding down my street giving it some ypvs active then it went with a pop and cut out, i pulled over and tried kicking it and it wouldnt start and made a pop now and again. Tried kicking it some more and kick start has jammed and wont move in gear at all. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes got it running lastnight it sounded sweet but the water pump started leaking so my mate is going to make a gasket for it today so I can pick it up after work. Can you advise me how to run it in? And what's the best transmission oil as he put 10w40 synthetic car oil in and said it would be fine but I'm not to sure about it.

I did 20 mile and it's broke again I never rag'd it once just took it easy. I stopped at a traffic light and it sound like the piston came loose or something then cut out. Not a clue what I'm guna do now.

Valve piston contact?

Im 99% sure its the big end bearing, my new tools should come mon/tues so will begin to strip it then. Also can you adjust the clutch through the pin that goes through it as i think my mate had moved it and the clutch didnt seam to work when the engine wasnt running.

I take it you have ordered a manual with that tool kit?

Valve piston contact?

On a 2 stroke?...

Unless youre on about the pv?

C'mon, it seems to be getting more frequent these days you have to admit.

Be it down to incorrect re-bores or just tolerance issues i don't know but they are coming up more frequently.

As to big ends, that rod can rattle like a donkey engine for all it matters she will still run.

It does stil run but i wouldnt start it again. Parts started to arive : ) got it stripped just need my new socket set to come so i can get the engine out and open that up. Im hoping to be back on the road for saturday. Il keep you posted.

thats why i asked ;)

you cant just nip these nuts up you have to get a good hold of the rotor and tighten them to the recommended torque...and thats pretty damned tight. if they come loose and the rotor also comes loose you will damege the woodruff key and possibly the recess it sits in and also risk damaging the magneto coils themselves due to heat generated through friction caused by the rotor rubbing the iron cores....hope not!

I think you should investigate this area now and not strip that motor fully again unless you are sure about big end play!...how are you judging this 'play' ?

I know yes thanks again for your wise words. The crank i put in has alot more play in the big end than the crank i took out but ive just got another one that is bang on. The engine was only run for 2-3 seconds when the nut came off and havnt tried startin it so i hope it should be ok. What should i look for?

The woodruff key was broke but ive got another and put the engine back together now the only thing thats bothering me is the clutch lever assy that the clutch cable attaches to on the engine pulls out and is loose without the spring thats on top of it, is this normal or has it dis engaged from something?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online