Dragstar Cone or Sheild.

Morpheuz
This post is 4554 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi :D

My XVS125 looks the same as it did five mins ago... not right impressed.

Think it needs a change, I may remove the sheild where the air filter is, and install a fat cone, or a pancake mesh one.

Or... I may leave it there and remove the airbox and put in an offset cone filter, where the box was, directly on the carb.

for the smart folk yes I could just leave it... but im not.

So, the latter viable option would be a pain in the ass to clean or remove.... however coupled with bigger jets I could be getting a nice top end improvement... the previous, may look out of its style... and it still has the rather diversive rubber intake connected to it.

Anyone think this sounds good, or you recon its not worth it, bearing in mind any power increase IS worth it on a 125 because its noticed and helps more than a bike thats fully able to push through headwind.

Cheers fellas and fellettes.

:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

any increase in the air/fuel ratio will wear out your piston rings faster.......plus you will be playing about for a while to get the mix right! i tried it once...... took me 2 weeks to find that without a complete carb overhaul (pilot, main and jet needle size) you needed the airbox to get it going.

People keep saying that the bike is stubborn when its altered air/fuel wise, I find it reacts exactly the same as any other bike.

I'm running double ester oil, and it gets a cleaner every so often thats got an upper cylinder lubricant, the bike is crap uphills and against wind, and looks stupid when the bike looks like a 650.

It redlines at 70 so I am getting a bigger sprocket and this increase in power is better for it, I am not worried about the rings at all, I'm not ragging it or anything and she gets nothing but premium stuff.

I'm sure yamaha make good rings, and if not, replacements should be pennies with aftermarket ones.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online