VIN Number XVS650

jont
This post is 4479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. I wonder if any of you could help me please?

Out of curiosity I put my vtn number, JYA4VR00000002807, into the motoverse decoder and it wasn't found. Reading various "help" articles didn't help either as they seemed to vary in what they thought was the correct way of reading it!

The odd thing is, that the date code number on mine is 'zero' and according to available info it should be 1-9 or an 'x' but no '0'!

It's not a matter of life or death, but could anybody make any suggestions where I could go from here?

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Give the number to your local official yamaha man and he can tell you the manufacturing date from the yamaha database. UK VIN format doesn't provide the casual user with the information you want whereas the US format has the date of manufacture on the steering head.

Thanks very much for that, Bulldog. Now I come to think of it, all the info I was getting was from the US.

Cheers mate!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online