Some more XS Eleven advice

ODTech
This post is 4556 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all.

I'm looking at a '83 Yamaha XS Eleven Special that i want to buy. The bike looks neat enough but it has 85000km (52000 miles) on the clock. Is there anything specific i should check for?

The guy also said that when pulling away with full power (aka dragging i guess) the shaft sometimes slips but that it's a known problem with the XS Eleven. Is this true or is it something i whould worry about and avoid the bike?

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So it has 52000miles and has problems from been used for drag racing, are you being paid to take it away? I hope so.

Well i don't know the full history of the bike and the guy selling it said he didn't have it long but he did sound young so odds is he broke something drag racing...

I was thinking i'll buy a runner and spend some money on it but i'll give it a pass on second though. There's one that cost a bit more with 47000km that looks even neater that i'll go for instead.

Sounds like common sense to me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online