XVS125 Carb Idle Mixture adjustment..

Morpheuz
This post is 4407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I know I've been on about it before, but I just cannot seem to find it, the idle mixture adjustment for the XVS125,

I've had my carb off and there is no screw or anything for idle/closed throttle fueling.

I know there is an idle speed adjuster, its not that I'm after, its the fuel delivery one, cant find it at all, maybe the speed adjuster is all it has.

With the mods I'm doing, I really need to start compensating the low end now aswell, not just the needle and main jet.

If there isnt one, is it worth just putting in a bigger pilot?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

there is one on the original carb! its under the round cover on the jet needle side (opposit the float bowl ) :)

Oh christ... so I have to take off the brass cover? I swear last time I took that off one of the screws werent tightning up solid.... may have pulled the threads.

I'll have a look, but if its pulled em, whats the best thing to do with a screwed carb screw?

cover??? can u take a pic ........as far as i know there isnt a cover.

if you look at the round side of the carb (dont open it up) where the spring is that pushes the plunger with the needle on it. just under it (on the outside) (there is a wire that comes out of the heater element to the right of it)

.........there is a little brass screw there which is your air/fuel mix screw. if you take it out it will go to a sharp point and have a spring and a couple of rubber rings on it.

should be 3 turns out from seated for a standard setup ......but do u know how to set it for your engine?

if its rounded off ur gonna have problems! you cant drill it without killing the carb, best thing would be to get one of those special bits that cuts into the head to get a grip and turn it out, then replace the screw

or get another carb body and swap all the internals :(

if you cant get it out or kill your carb iv got an old spare carb body in the shed you could have but its just the bare carb body........il have to have a dig to see if i can find it.

I think I get you now, opposite the float bowl, I thought that meant, on the straight opposite side of it, like north/south.

Where the brass cover is that conceals the vaccum chamber, is what I was on about.

I think your on about the hole that sits in the carb to heat rubbers, to the side of that?

It wasn't that screw that I thought had ruined, its one on the vaccum cover that has no threads to grab, or at least their on their way out.

I shall have another look, am I right in thinking with a nifty bent screw driver or something, I should be able to get at it by only removing the air intake and filter?

And for what Ive done so far, another half turn should suffice, but I shall see what it responds best to.

Thanks Paul, if I have misunderstood please let me know.

Oh, and about that carb, is it the stock for this bike? If not is it a good replacement? I may be interested in it.

Thanks again. :jossun:

lol .....look at the pics then read what i put (it will make sense :spin2: )

i cant find the carb body that i had ...it was the one off the dragstar but i do have another full carb that will fit

its off an xv 125 virago the only difference is the jets used and a bit of the casing is slightly different. but will fit straight on :) the only thing id suggest is take it to bits and check the jet sizes (thats if you decide you want it) as i swapped out all the internals but cant remember which engine i set it up for. iv still got most of the internals from the other carb like a selection of main jets, a couple of pilot jets, ect (from the dragstar carb) so if your interested just pm me then we can sort something out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online