New Seat XVS 950

AndyBuk
This post is 4480 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been thinking of changing out the stock seat for the Mustang Wide Touring Two-Piece Vintage Seat. I think there will be an extra couple of inches width and the seat comes with a backrest.

My commute is approximately an hour each way and I am planning another tour to France this summer. We will be riding 2 up on the tour.

Seat: http://www.customcru...n-uk/d1987.html - bottom one.

Has anyone changed out their seat and find it beneficial or did you discover any problems?

Is there any cheaper alternatives to make the long rides more comfortable for both myself and the lady friend? I had seen some gel pads online but I'm not sure if this could lead to slippage?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Andrew, I use the mustang wide tourer on the 1300 with the back rest. I CANNOT recommend it enough. The other half really liked the Mustang pillion too much better than the stock one. One thing I would recommend is get one from the US as it was much cheaper than buying in the UK when I bought e.g. . http://store.valueaccessories.net/mustangvintagewidetouringseatwithdriversbackrestyamaha.aspx

As an alternative, have you thought of having your seat reshaped or gel inserted? There's a guy called Tony Archer (www.tonyarcher.co.uk) who can do this for about £60 if this might do you? He even said if you can fabricate or get someone to fabricate a backrest holder he can insert that in the seat too...

Thanks for the info, I'm def leaning towards getting the new seat. Can you tell me if you have to put a cover over it in the rain or is it pretty much waterproof?

I think the foam is covered in plastic underneath the cover... I never use one when washing the bike or riding in the rain (and they don't provide one...)

I should mention that the seats will sit you both about 1 inch higher and you at least 1 inch closer to the tank

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online